As someone with small ears, you likely have a tough time finding the right headphones or earbuds to fit your smaller stature.
You search high and low on the Internet and struggle to find the best earbuds or headphones for your particular situation and it gets frustrating after a while.
You’ve found the right website to answer all of your questions and so much more.
I’m going to review the best headphones for small ears today and cover topics including the best wireless, best Bluetooth, best in-ear, best for running, best for working out, and another excellent inexpensive option.
Keep reading if this sounds appealing to you.
Quick List: Top 6 Headphones for Small Ears
- Mpow Flame Wireless Headphones – Best Wireless
- Urbanears Plattan 2 Headphones – Best Bluetooth
- TRELAB XR800 Sport Earphones – Best In Ear
- Sony Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones – Best for Running
- Jaybird X4 Wireless Headphones – Best for Working Out
- AUKEY True Wireless Earbuds
Researching Headphones for Small Ears
As far as the research process is concerned, there’s a lot to look for during this phase.
It’s obvious as a reviewer I certainly spent a great deal of time looking for headphones for small ears. And I didn’t stop there because I also looked at earbuds and headphones with ear hooks and over-ear designs as well.
This will provide my readers with a number of options to choose from based on their personal preferences.
I also focused my reviews on wireless and Bluetooth capabilities, battery life, sound quality, convenient touch controls, and whether or not the earbuds come with multiple ear tips. This is also important for people with small ears because there is no such thing as one size fits all with ear tips.
In many cases, the tips will need to be much smaller for the people who came here reading this page.
Take a moment to go through these reviews and see if you come across a pair of earbuds or headphones that you like.
Just make sure it has all of the best features that you desire in a pair of headphones, because that’s how you’ll guarantee to end up with a great pair that you really love.
The Best Headphones for Small Ears In 2020
1. Mpow Flame Wireless Headphones – Best Wireless
- ADVANCED BLUETOOTH 5.0: Mpow Flame adopts the latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology for more stable connection and stronger signal transmission. It supports various Bluetooth-enabled devices and you can...
- IMMERSIVE SOUND WITH POWERFUL BASS: With 11mm dynamic drivers, built-in cVc6.0 noise canceling microphones and chip of SBC & AAC audio, Mpow Flame provides the fantastic sound quality with powerful...
- IPX7 WATERPROOF FOR WORKOUT: IPX7 waterproof shell and interior Nano-coating technology protect Mpow Flame effectively from heavy rain or sweat during intense workouts and all-weather conditions....
The Mpow Flame Wireless Headphones are the best wireless choice because of their Bluetooth connectivity, their waterproof capabilities, and their ability to reduce background noise.
✔️ What we like: Built-in microphone, CVC 6.0 noise cancelling
❌ What we don’t like: The headphones aren’t sweatproof
- IPX7 waterproof rating
- HD stereo wireless speakers
- 9 hours of playtime
I really appreciate these ear hook headphones because they’re my favorite wireless option. Not only do they work great and deliver high-quality sound, they’re also relatively inexpensive below $20 and they come in six colors including red, blue gray, classic black, green black, only gray, and pink black so you have plenty of options to choose from based on your favorite color patterns.
Even more exciting is the fact that it uses Bluetooth 5.0 technology, which is the most advanced form of this technology being used in earbuds at this time. It provides a strong signal for excellent connectivity and transmission, and the connection is also stable when connecting to all sorts of different Bluetooth enabled devices. Plus, you have the option to keep your wireless earbuds connected to two different Bluetooth devices at the same time, which is really convenient if you ask me.
Although these headphones have an IPX7 waterproof rating, which means they should easily withstand rain and sweat, one reviewer says otherwise. He swears up and down that these earbuds aren’t actually sweat proof. After his earbuds went dead after a heavy workout where he sweated a lot, he called customer service to ask them what he should do because he said his earbuds weren’t working any longer. They had him dry them out with a hair dryer to get them working again. This doesn’t necessarily sound like solid waterproofing, so hopefully this doesn’t happen too often.
Overall, a big fan of the Mpow Flame Wireless Headphones because of the powerful bass, the immersive sound, the Bluetooth connectivity, and the three sizes of ear tips which is great for people with small ears.
2. Urbanears Plattan 2 Headphones – Best Bluetooth
- Bluetooth allows you to listen to your music free from cords
- With 30+ hours of battery life you can listen cord free for days on a single charge
- Control knob allows you to skip tracks, adjust volume, and pick up calls on the go
The Urbanears Plattan 2 Headphones are the best Bluetooth option because of the great connectivity, the 33 feet listening range, and long battery life.
✔️ What we like: Adjust volume and skip tracks with control knob
❌ What we don’t like: Headphones quit working within 2 months
- 30+ hours of battery life
- Provides a full sound experience
- Built-in microphone and Siri
The Plattan 2 Bluetooth headphones are an absolute favorite of mine particularly for people with small ears. If you look at the picture you’ll see that the ear cups themselves are much smaller than the larger ones that you typically see with this type of design. They’re small yet fit ergonomically to provide maximum comfort. Plus, the collapsible design makes it very easy for you to fold them up and put them in your pocket or pocketbook so you can bring them wherever you go without being inconvenienced by the additional burden.
I also like the built-in microphone that makes it very easy to use these headphones with your mobile phone. You can use it to answer calls and deliver voice commands through Siri which is always a nice feature to have if you’re looking for a great hands-free headset.
From a negative standpoint, one reviewer said that she owned these headphones for two months before they stopped working. As you can imagine, she wasn’t very happy that they stopped working after such a short period of time. The good thing is they were well within a typical one year warrantee range, so she could let the manufacturer know about the broken headphones and contact them about a replacement.
Overall, the Urbanears Plattan 2 Headphones deliver an immersive sound; have an easy to use control knob, 30 hours or more of battery life, a collapsible design and excellent Bluetooth technology to provide many hours of wireless listening.
3. TRELAB XR800 Sport Earphones – Best In Ear
- Premium Sports Earbuds With Superior Sound - Make a statement at the gym or on the track with our super stylish work out earbuds. But looking pretty is not all XR800 has to offer. Our latest cordless...
- Focus On Your Workout And Crush It - XR800 wireless workout earphones provide passive noise cancellation to seal out the annoying background noise. Included are ear tips allow you to comfortably...
- Having A Hard Time Getting Out Of Bed And Hitting The Gym? - Our earbuds will kick you into gear and get excited about working out again! With its gorgeous design, high-tech features, and proven...
The TRELAB XR800 Sport Earphones are the best in-ear headphones because they’re very affordable, they’re waterproof and they deliver true HD sound.
✔️ What we like: Noise cancelling and built-in microphone
❌ What we don’t like: Signal interference near electrical poles
- Available in black and white
- 2000 Hz sound clarity
- Passive noise cancellation
Not only are these the best in-ear headphones that I’ve come across for everyday listening and working out, they also far surpass expectations with their IPX7 waterproof rating as well. When you use them while working out, you can build up a massive amount of sweat and drench these earbuds and they will still keep on ticking because the waterproof capabilities will prevent perspiration from breaking and ultimately ruining these earbuds.
Guess what else? They come fully equipped with Bluetooth technology, so not only do they deliver true HD sound, they also provide a perfect wireless experience that makes it possible to connect to your favorite Bluetooth devices like your smartphone, your iPhone, your tablet, or any other Bluetooth enabled electronic device for that matter.
One person complained that the earbuds suffered from signal interference when they were walking or jogging near electrical poles outdoors. This can obviously become a major problem since many neighborhoods have lots of electrical poles in view. This could easily cause the earbuds to cut in and out on a regular basis which would render them ultimately ineffective. Thankfully this seems to be an isolated incident because no one else mentioned suffering from signal interference near electrical poles besides this one reviewer. So I doubt it will happen to you even though it did happen to one unlucky individual.
On the whole, the TRELAB XR800 Sport Earphones provide high-tech true HD sound, waterproof and sweat proof capabilities, Bluetooth connectivity, and the design is lightweight so you hardly know that they’re in your ears. And with an adjustable ear hook and up to nine hours of playtime, you can’t go wrong.
4. Sony Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones – Best for Running
- Enjoy Bluetooth wireless connectivity with NFC one-touch pairing. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Listen longer with 8.5 hours of playback
- Built-in microphone for hands-free calls. Frequency Response : 4 Hz–24000 Hz
The Sony Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones is the best for running because of the built-in microphone for hands-free calling, the splash proof design, and four different ear tip sizes which makes them perfect for small ears.
✔️ What we like: Comfortable and lightweight design
❌ What we don’t like: Volume button falls off easily
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity
- 8.5 hours of playback
- Wrap-around headband
First of all, I really appreciate these headphones because I like to make a lot of phone calls while walking around because it helps clear my head and lets me think a lot better while talking to people. Having the built-in microphone delivers on the promise of hands-free calling, which means I get to talk to anyone and everyone I feel like having a conversation with and I don’t have to carry the phone around in my hand. I can leave it clipped to my belt or in my pocket and this wireless headset from Sony makes it possible to have hands-free conversations with the people most important to me.
Do you know what else I like about these headphones? I really like the splash proof design. I tend to wear them when I go running in the morning and it’s often misty or raining at certain times of the year. If these headphones didn’t have a waterproof design, I would have to worry about them constantly breaking from being waterlogged. But since they’re sweat proof and waterproof, this is never going to be an issue.
One reviewer was unhappy because the volume button fell off of their headphones. This happens from time to time and nothing is perfect. If it happened during the warranty period, they can always return them for a brand-new pair. But even if they’re past the warranty expiration they should still contact the manufacturer to let them know about the problem. They’ll often send a new pair just to keep one of their customers happy.
When all is said and done, the Sony Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones are a great choice because of the wrap-around headband, the Bluetooth wireless connectivity, and the long battery life.
5. Jaybird X4 Wireless Headphones – Best for Working Out
- 8 HOURS OF PLAY TIME Rechargeable battery provides 8 hours of bluetooth wireless play time on a 2 hour charge. Wireless range: Class 2 standard range 10m/33ft
- SWEAT & WATERPROOF IPX7 protection for gym and fitness workouts and running in all weather conditions
- SPORT FIT PLUS Comfortable headphone design runs over your ears for a secure sport fit or under for more relaxed situations
The Jaybird X4 Wireless Headphones are our favorite choice for working out. They’re sweat proof, Bluetooth enabled, and compatible with Android and iOS smartphones.
✔️ What we like: Rechargeable battery with 8 hours of playtime
❌ What we don’t like: Battery doesn’t hold its charge
- Interchangeable ultra thermo-reactive tips
- Save customized EQ settings
- 8 hours of battery life
These headphones are freaking awesome for working out because they have eight hours of rechargeable battery life which is a nice long charge in itself. But even better is that you only have to charge them for two hours to get the battery up to full strength, which is really a nice feature if you ask me. And as far as connectivity is concerned, it has a Class 2 standard range which means it will stay connected within 33 feet or 10 m.
On the downside, according to one reviewer they said the battery would not hold its charge. While this is certainly a possibility for a faulty battery, it doesn’t seem to happen with a solidly working battery that gets the job done. This reviewer likely purchased headphones with a bad battery and needs to return them or exchange them for a better pair.
I truly appreciate the Jaybird X4 Wireless Headphones for their IPX7 sweat and waterproof rating, their comfortable interchangeable ear tips with multiple sizes, and the premium sound quality.
6. AUKEY True Wireless Earbuds
- Superior Sound Quality: Experience crisp, high-fidelity sound while Bluetooth 5 provides faster pairing and a stable, efficient wireless connection
- One-Step Reconnection: Simply take the earbuds out of the charging case and they will automatically connect to your phone (after being paired the first time)
- Convenient Touch Control: Effortlessly manage audio playback & calls with the multi-function touch panel and microphone on each earbud. The earbuds can even be used alone like a Bluetooth headset
The AUKEY True Wireless Earbuds are an overall favorite because of the 25 hours of battery life, the noise cancellation microphone, and the convenient charging case.
✔️ What we like: Compatible with Android and iOS devices
❌ What we don’t like: The maximum volume is very low
- Multi-function touch panel
- Automatic reconnection to Bluetooth devices
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
Most people like these earbuds because of their excellent battery life. Although the initial charge only lasts for five hours, they come with a convenient charging case that allows you to get an additional 20 hours of battery life that you can carry around with you in your pocket and bring with you wherever you need to go. So you don’t have to worry about plugging in your earbuds to charge them because you’ll have the additional power with you at all times.
I also like these earbuds because they’re lightweight, deliver superb sound, and they were designed for people with small ears. You can change the ear tips if you like and make them larger or smaller depending on the size of your ear canal. This is convenient and easy to do and something you’ll appreciate if you tend to dislike earbuds because the ear tips are usually too large.
According to one review, the maximum volume is very low on these earbuds. I personally didn’t have this problem and I don’t know anyone else who did. So it’s possible that they purchased a faulty device. Otherwise the AUKEY True Wireless Earbuds are a great choice because of their superb Bluetooth connectivity, their comfortable design, and all the other great features.
A Guide to Choosing Headphones for Small Ears
Are you having a hard time finding the best headphones for small ears? You most likely found your way here because of this very problem and you’ve been looking for a great solution unsuccessfully for some time now.
I’ve shared six excellent headphones for small ears with you today and I really hope you like my recommendations. If not, I’m also going to share a handy guide to use to find small ear headphones on your own if you prefer to go that route.
Noise Cancellation Capabilities
First and foremost, you’ll more than likely find earbuds designed for people with small ears, which is great because they also deliver noise cancellation and noise isolation capabilities. I’ve noticed that a lot of background noise has a tendency to bleed into my awareness when I’m wearing certain earbuds.
This can become distracting and annoying to say the least. So if you focus on finding the ones with noise isolation and noise cancellation capabilities, you’ll move a step in the right direction because it will prevent background noise from becoming a problem before it even starts.
Battery longevity is also of the utmost importance when choosing headphones or earbuds for small ears. Why? You will more than likely have purchased wireless headphones or earbuds that have a rechargeable battery inside.
You want the battery to last for as many hours of possible just in case you plan on taking a long road trip or you decide to go out for an extra-long run or a workout that will last for hours. The longer battery life means the headphones and earbuds will last that much longer. Look for anywhere from 5 hours to 12 hours or more during your search.
Stereo Quality Sound
Lastly, you obviously desire headphones or earbuds that deliver high-quality sound. Read other customer reviews and online reviews to find out which earbuds or headphones are known for their excellent HD true audio sound.
Discover the Right Fit Headphones for Small Ears
I shared six excellent sets of earbuds and headphones with you today that focus on the best wireless, the best Bluetooth, the best in-ear, the best for running, and the best for working out.
Please use these reviews to guide you to finding the perfect headphones for people with small ears.
Otherwise use the nifty guide that I created to help you seek out and find the perfect choice on your own using the Internet and other resources.
- Over The Ear vs On-Ear Headphones Compared – Which Is Best For You?
- Open Back vs Closed Back Headphones For Gaming (Which is Better?)
- Noise Isolating vs Noise Cancelling Headphones – What’s The Difference?
- How To Make Headphones Louder – 6 Proven & Easy Methods
- Gaming Headset vs Headphones – What Is The Difference & Which Is Better?
Simon is a music lover, musical instrument player and passionate audio afficionado. When he is not playing the guitar or listening to music he is either eating tacos or snoring too loudly.