Last Updated on
The best of both the acoustic and electric worlds can be found for under 200 dollars.
Really, you’ll be quite pleased with yourself with a guitar that has good value.
If you’re a beginner or you want something good you can wear out over a few years, you’ll find it right here in our lineup of acoustic electric guitars priced below $200!
Quick Answer: 5 Best Acoustic Electric Guitars Under $200 In 2020
- Ibanez PF Series PF15ECE
- Jameson Guitars Fullsize Thinline
- Yamaha APXT2 3/4-Size
- Glen Burton GA204BCO-BK
- Kona K2TBL
The Top Electric-Acoustic Guitars for Less Than $200
One of the most important things you want to remember when buying a guitar on the affordable end is how well it holds up with the masses. What they say can be a huge influence on whether or not you want to put your money on this or that guitar.
Good thing for you, we’ve grilled each and every guitar in our lineup for how well it will meet your needs. Beginners won’t need to worry about not getting value. Intermediates will also find something they wear out until they’re ready for their big, bad buy.
Ready or not, here’s how we ranked our top 5!
|Ibanez PF Series PF15ECE||Check Price|
|Jameson Guitars Fullsize Thinline||Check Price|
|Yamaha APXT2 3/4-Size||Check Price|
|Glen Burton GA204BCO-BK||Check Price|
|Kona K2TBL||Check Price|
Our 5 Best Acoustic Electric Guitars Under 200
Ibanez PF Series PF15ECE
- Mahogany back and sides provide rich, warm lows and sweet sustain
- Ibanez Under Saddle pickup and AEQ-2T preamp maintain the guitar's natural tone when plugged in
- Gloss black finish and chrome die-cast tuners give guitar distinguished appearance
Ibanez certainly created an affordable masterpiece with the PF Series PF15ECE acoustic electric guitar. Because it’s a simple, stunning, and solid guitar, it’s rated very high with the masses. Admittedly, it’s the reason why it’s ranked as the number one guitar below $200. With not a single complaint against this beauty of an instrument, it’s hard to contend with.
With a Fishman Sonicore pickup, a Japanese reputation to uphold, and an on-board tuner, you know the guitar is going to hold up. It can amplify your talent, and it might just help you sound better than you actually are with the EQ system – maybe that’s why it’s so popular!
While everything about it is traditional, from the dreadnought shape, laminate woods, and even die-cast tuners, there’s a special feature that sets it apart from other guitars. We can’t spill all the secrets here, so you’ll have to check out the full review for the big reveal!
Jameson Guitars Blue Full Size Thinline Acoustic Electric Guitar
- Play acoustic or plugged in!
- Full Size Guitar with Thinline Body
- Free Gig Bag Case & Guitar Picks
This guitar shouldn’t surprise anyone as taking the second spot in our ranking system. It’s by far the most popular guitar in our lineup with several hundred buyers raving about it. Not only did it earn its spot with the raves, but it also sports a good price that you might not be able to believe unless you see it.
Yes, there were compromises in its build to cater to a cheap price tag, but it still looks awesome and it works. It works in the fact that it has several audio settings with the built-in EQ, die-casters that hold, and the extra freebies that are thrown in despite its already low cost.
Jameson Guitars did well to dress up the laminate woods too. Its aesthetic appeal is downright sexy with its high-gloss finish. As a full-size, thinline guitar, it earned its ranking. What do you say?
Yamaha APXT2 3/4-Size Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Spruce Top
- Rosewood Fingerboard & Bridge
- System 68 Pick-Up
This guitar might seem to you to be quite expensive for a 3/4 size acoustic electric guitar, especially when we have full-size guitars yet in the rankings. However, we can’t ignore the demand for a good functioning guitar for adults with smaller hands or for kids who want to grow with an instrument that will allow them to learn on a “real” guitar. The Yamaha APXT2 provides just the solution.
Not only is it for “smaller” people, it’s also a great traveling or practice guitar for an intermediate or pro who need to jam on something wherever they may be. For what’s life without a few tunes?
With an ART-based preamp and System 68 pickup, the sound is just as expected from a 3/4 size guitar. It’s practically ready to play out of the box, and you might find yourself attached to it. Don’t be surprised if you’re spotted lugging the lightweight guitar with you when you’re on the road – it’s what it was made for!
Glen Burton GA204BCO-BK
- Flame top; Basswood back and sides
- Catalpa Neck and Bridge; Rosewood Fingerboard
- Steel String; Sealed Gear Tuners. Number of Strings: 6
Another best seller guitar makes it into our lineup. As you can tell, we’re impartial to title and status. The guitar actually has to be better than good to earn a spot in our top rankings, and the Glen Burton GA204BCO-BK acoustic electric guitar made the par.
Other than its very attractive, chic, and vintage aesthetics, it has the right price to boot. The value is also trumped up with the fact that the guitar comes with a full accessories package. With everything that will be arriving at your door, can you really expect more? Yeah, you can.
A strong and solid neck is important for any guitar buy, no matter the cost. In this price range, you’ll definitely appreciate the American-sourced wood for the hardy and straight neck. Wondering what that is? You’ll have to click on to find out!
- Transparent Blue Finish on and Mahogany top, back and sides
- 4-ply binding on the body and single-ply binding on the neck and headstock plus a Rosewood fret board and bridge
- 41" Long, 3" deep body, low-profile Dreadnought size, cutaway body guitar features a 25.75" Scale and 20 Frets
The Kona is a favorite of ours and a favorite of the masses. With a great price and recognized laminate woods for the build, it’s a solid winner in its field.
With just one glance at the Kona, you might finally understand love at first sight. It’s a master seducer with its high gloss finish that screams mystery on every angle. Besides, what’s a little mystery in a relationship? It’s the guarantee that you’ll want to know more, and the Kona has more, trust us.
You might be tantalized at the thought that this babe feels especially nice to hold. It’s all in the hybrid design of a full-size dreadnought guitar with a low-profile design to accentuate its electric capabilities. We see the chemistry is already flying, so don’t hold back. Find out all you can about it if you dare let yourself be tempted!
What To Expect In This Price Range Of Under 200
Being realistic about your expectations in a guitar in this price range is key to finding the perfect instrument for you. You’ll always have to compromise somewhere to achieve the low-cost benefits of a guitar priced below 200 bucks. But, we can help you filter out the duds from the golden nuggets. Here’s what to look for.
- Tone woods: Laminate is typically your choice of wood in this price range. Don’t expect solid woods here.
- Quality: There might always be complaint about quality, especially the build, in this price range. Ensure that vital components, like the neck, aren’t the source of poor quality control. Cosmetic blemishes are acceptable unless you have a vain streak in you.
- Electronics: The preamps and pickups are going to be acceptable in this price range. There’s not much you can do, because upgrading can cost you more than what your guitar is worth.
- Accessories: Many higher-end guitars aren’t going to offer extra accessories. They justify this with quality in the guitar. Most accessories in this price range are going to be mediocre, so you may want to invest in higher-quality accessories if you plan on purchasing better instruments in the future.
Sound Above All!
Even though you’ve only got $200 to spend on your acoustic electric guitar, you don’t have to compromise on sound. Being diligent throughout the buying process will enable you to strum up a decent guitar with better-than-average tonality. Whether it’s acoustic richness or amplified options you’re after, this budget range has it, and it offers the best of both worlds!