Whether listening to music, watching a movie in your home theater, or playing a video game, immersive audio can take your entertainment experience to the next level.
Many people settle for the mediocre sound quality offered by their TV’s built-in speakers or a subpar set of speakers. However, once you’ve experienced the exceptional audio output of one of the best tower speakers, you’ll never want to settle for less.
In this guide, we delve deep into the world of high-end floor-standing speakers that every audiophile will adore.
Our reviews explore the ultimate tower speakers that deliver powerful, crystal-clear sound. The recommended speakers will bring out the finest details of your favorite music, movies, and games.
Get ready to elevate your listening experience with our top picks for the best tower speakers!
Quick List: Best Tower Speakers in 2023
- Best Overall: SVS Ultra Tower Speaker
- Best Tower Speakers for Music Listening: Polk Signature Elite ES50 Tower Speaker
- Best Tower Speakers for Home Theater: Fluance Signature Series Hi-Fi Three-Way Tower Speakers
- Best Tower Speakers for The Money: Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II Floorstanding Speaker
- Best Tower Speakers Under $2000: MartinLogan Motion 40 Tower Speakers
- Best Tower Speakers Under $1000: Klipsch Synergy F-300 Floorstanding Speaker with Dual 8″ Woofers
- Best Tower Speakers Under $500: ELAC Uni-Fi 2.0 UF52 Floorstanding Speaker
- Best Dolby Tower Speakers: Polk T50 150 Watt Home Theater Floor Standing Tower Speaker
- Best Budget Tower Speakers: BIC America Venturi DV64 2-Way Tower Speaker
Top 9 Best Tower Speaker Reviews
As mentioned, we will traverse through various tower speakers available for sale online and in stores.
While these are exceptional products regarding features, including sound quality and performance, it’s never enough to look at the name of the floor-standing speakers. It will not give you all the precise information you need to make a better choice.
The following section will explore each option of this top-9 list. That way, you’ll better understand the advantages and disadvantages of choosing these great speakers.
1. Best Overall: SVS Ultra Tower Speaker
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels
Do you think that flawless sound is your ultimate aim? If you are not particularly strapped for cash, I will decide on your behalf!
No tower speaker will give you a more impressive sound quality, build, and design performance than the SVS Ultra Tower. These speakers and subwoofers provide audio quality of punch and depth that can be jaw-droppingly impressive.
The speaker features twin mid-range drivers and a single tweeter. Bear with me; this isn’t even the most impressive part of the entire setup. The twin 8-inch woofers are set low on either side of the speaker, giving a bass that makes me speechless. However, it would be best to remember that these speakers are not meant for the weak-hearted.
- The sound produced by these speakers is not just great. It is simply mind-blowing.
- Features three-way speakers that perform perfectly when it comes to the bass. It delivers just as well regarding the midrange and higher frequencies.
- Though not the most affordable tower speakers, they compete with models at nearly twice their cost.
- The SVS speakers create a soundstage with a unique combination of expansiveness and precision.
- These speakers are costly, possibly exceeding the budget for some customers.
- While some find the shape of these speakers exciting and different, others find it odd and inconvenient.
2. Best Tower Speakers for Music Listening: Polk Signature Elite ES50 Tower Speaker
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE TOWER SPEAKER - Polk Signature Elite ES50 features Dynamically Balanced Acoustic Array with its 2.5-Way Cascading Crossovers, a 1" Terylene Tweeter and (2) 5.25" Woofers that deliver...
- NOT ONLY HEAR, BUT FEEL THE HEART-THUMPING BASS - Polk's Patented Power Port Technology delivers 3dB louder bass than conventional ported speakers, minimizing turbulence & distortion so you get...
The Polk Signature Elite ES50 Tower Speaker is a high-performance speaker. This speaker is specially designed to give you the best sound experience. You can have a sound system that fills the form with cinematic soundstage-like music with the Dynamically Balanced Acoustic Array, 2.5-Way Cascading Crossovers, 1″ Terylene Tweeter, and (2) 5.25″ Woofers.
The brand (Polk) used the Power Port Technology for this edition of its speakers. This significantly improved the speaker’s performance and reduced the distortion simultaneously!
- Produces deeper and more impactful bass compared to conventional ported speakers.
- It gives a true-to-life music listening experience, especially when using Dolby Atmos and DTS:X technology.
- Stylish and elegant design
- Comes with dual gold-plated binding posts for efficient connections and rubber feet for improved stability on different types of flooring.
- Higher price point compared to entry-level options.
- It may not support all formats or codecs available on the market.
- Requires a powerful amplifier or receiver to utilize its potential fully
3. Best Tower Speakers for Home Theater: Fluance Signature Series Hi-Fi Three-Way Tower Speakers
- Mastering precision and sonic accuracy, the Signature Series uses only premium components that ensure high fidelity sound transporting the concert into your living room
Traditionally, tower speakers have been considered the ideal audio solution for amping up the sound quality of your home theater system. Our pick for the best speakers in this particular category is the Fluance Signature Series Hi-Fi Three-Way Tower Speakers.
It’s considered one of the best-quality speakers because of its durable build and impressive sound quality. The twin 8-inch woofers help get the effect that is otherwise only possible with a good subwoofer for home theater. In addition, the speakers come with spikes for the base, which helps prevent damage to the floor and isolates the speakers from any vibrations.
- This is a very stylish set of tower speakers, which can add that touch of elegance to any room that it is placed in.
- These speakers & woofers give an exceptional performance and really delivers when it comes to the bass output.
- The build is very sturdy and impressive, as the company lays great emphasis on cabinet engineering.
- Features floor isolation spikes that you can install to get a vibration-free listening experience.
- If you enjoy listening to music or watching movies at very high volumes, you may notice some distortion in the sound quality.
- As the emphasis was on building a pretty sturdy product, these speakers are not lightweight and too easy to move around.
4. Best Tower Speakers for The Money: Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II Floorstanding Speaker
- TOP OF THE LINE FLOORSTANDING SPEAKER – Equipped with a 1" Dynamic Balance dome tweeter and four (4) 6.5" Dynamic Balance woofers, this tower speaker guarantees BETTER SOUND QUALITY WITH IMMENSE...
Not everyone is comfortable spending thousands of dollars on speakers; we understand that.
So, we can talk about the Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II Floorstanding Speaker. It is the newest innovation in Polk’s Monitor Series that first grabbed eyeballs in the 1970s. It’s one of the best-performing speakers at a relatively affordable price point. This means you do not compromise on features, quality, or budget.
This Polk Audio speaker will not aim to ‘wow’ you with its looks. It focuses on sound quality and minimizing distortion instead. The bass is deep and powerful, with improved performance in the midranges. It is an excellent choice for the price that it is being offered, and it seems like a deal that is too good to be accurate but impresses you with the performance nonetheless.
- It features unbelievable sound quality and details for the price that you are paying.
- This tower speaker can give you a full sound with adequate emphasis on all the different elements.
- When it comes to the frequency response, it is imposing in the midrange and the highs, which come out clean and warm. The silk dome tweeters add a premium feel.
- The sound distortion is minimized, which is impressive for this price range.
- The design and packaging of the product are relatively commonplace, which takes away from an otherwise brilliant speaker.
- The quality of construction cannot be compared to some of the more expensive and detailed speakers on this list.
5. Best Tower Speakers Under $2000: Martin Logan Motion 40 Tower Speakers
If you have a reasonable budget and want to get your hands on the best option within that range, the Martin Logan Motion 40 is definitely what you need to look at. The speakers have Folded Motion tweeters that can perform exceedingly well at even higher frequencies. This differs from the standard 1-inch dome tweeter as it needs 90% less excursion, leading to a clearer and more detailed sound. Distortion is also minimized.
The speakers also feature dual bass drivers and midrange drivers built with aluminum. The overall construction is light yet sturdy, which makes it a complete package for people with an above-average budget. These floor-standing speakers’ cabinets are very well-designed and easy on the eye.
- These floor-standing speakers have one of the most impressively designed cabinets to perform bass-reflex functions.
- The sound produced is so clear and crisp that you will not regret the purchase at any time.
- The speakers are built to minimize distortion across the board, which helps deliver high-quality sound regardless of the frequencies.
- The company allows you to choose between spiked or rubber dome feet, but most people prefer the latter for the safety of their floors.
- If you plan to use these speakers in large rooms, you must invest in an amplifier.
- The price point may not be suitable for people just trying out some tower speakers for the first time.
6. Best Tower Speakers Under $1000: Klipsch Synergy Black Label F-300 Floorstanding Speaker with Dual 8″ Woofers, Pair
- Fills large rooms with lifelike music and film sound reproduction
The most prominent speaker in the company’s Reference Premier series, the Klipsch RP-280F, gives you the sound you will be showing off for years without burning too large of a hole in your pocket.
It features the Klipsch signature Tractrix Horn tweeters encompassed in an especially designed cabinet for better detail. It also has a dual 8-inch woofer, which puts it in the same range as other top choices.
While the sound is impeccable, the design of this product also deserves mention. This isn’t your average black speaker. It features a blend of copper accents traditionally found on many Klipsch products and takes the style quotient up a notch.
- Compared to many of the more expensive tower speakers available, this Klipsch model performs exceeding well, especially for the price you will be paying.
- The design of these speakers stands out from the generic black finish that many similar speakers tend to have.
- One of the best speakers manufactured by Klipsch, the RP-280F, has the company’s signature Tractrix Horn. But it is installed in a cabinet that allows for increased detail when it comes to sound.
- The sound is incredible; it is so loud and powerful without consuming too much power or letting in distortion.
- The base of these speakers is larger than most others on this list, which makes it take up more space than you may like.
- The copper finish on these speakers may not be in line with everyone’s style.
7. Best Tower Speakers Under $500: ELAC Uni-Fi 2.0 UF52 Floorstanding Speaker
- True 3-Way Speaker Design
- Newly Developed Concentric Driver Featuring a 4" Aluminum Midrange and a 1" Wide-Roll Surround Tweeter
Budgetary restrictions sometimes seem significantly limiting, but they don’t necessarily have to prevent you from getting your hands on a good quality tower speaker with great features.
The ELAC Uni-Fi 2.0 UF52 Floorstanding Speaker is an excellent option for those who want to stick to a smaller budget and not compromise on quality.
It is built with a 1-inch soft dome tweeter that is set within a 4-inch aluminum midrange driver. There are also three 5.25-inch aluminum woofers that help in minimizing the distortion across the working frequency ranges of the drivers.
- This is one of those products that give you the best value because of the sound that they succeed in producing.
- The speakers effortlessly give you impressive clarity across frequency ranges, a significant advantage for audiophiles.
- They have been constructed very well using high-quality materials, which is usually an issue with the more affordable options.
- This is a three-way speaker, which means great performance across the board.
- If you are looking to place this device in a large room and do not want to compromise on the bass, a dedicated amplifier will be required.
- There are better options than these for people who stream a lot of music online, as they are quick to expose low-quality audio through the output.
8. Best Dolby Tower Speakers: Polk T50 Home Theater Floor Standing Tower Speaker
- MASSIVE SOUND FROM 11 SPEAKERS – The center channel speaker features (2) 5.25” drivers & a 1” tweeter, and each tower has a 6.5” driver, 1” tweeter & (2) 6.5” Bass Radiators that produce a...
Another versatile Polk Audio product to make its way to this list is the T50 model, and there are many reasons for that. First and foremost, this Polk Audio floor-standing speaker is an inexpensive option for people who don’t want to spend too much money and still get good sound.
Setting up these speakers is fairly uncomplicated, meaning you need no technical expertise to get started. The overall build is decent, with a classic design without any frills.
While there may be better options for larger rooms or a theater, this affordable speaker works like magic in small or medium-sized rooms.
- The product is designed simply so that it doesn’t take away from any of the room’s other highlights.
- This speaker is also lightweight.
- The bass given out by the Polk tower speakers is tight and clean.
- The midrange performance of these speakers is very impressive despite the price.
- The quality of these tower speakers will not impress you, as the construction gives away the cheaper price tag to some degree.
- This packaging includes only one speaker, so if you are looking for a pair, you may have to reconsider your budget.
9. Best Budget Tower Speakers: BIC America Venturi DV64 2-Way Tower Speaker
- 10 watts to 200 watts
- Two 6.5 in. active woofers with two 6.5 in. passive radiators
- One .75 in. tweeter
The final product on this list is the BIC America Venturi DV64 2-Way Tower Speaker. While this is a two-way speaker — as opposed to many of the other floor-standing speakers that were three-way speakers — the performance you get with these speakers is quite impressive, especially when you look at the price point they are available at.
These speakers perform well with your home theater system and other devices and are powerful enough to meet all your basic needs. The best part is the warranty, which is relatively long for such models.
- This is one of the best options for people looking for a budget tower speaker at this price point.
- The speakers come with covers that are built with high-quality mesh.
- The sound quality is awe-inspiring for the price that you are paying.
- The look of the product is clean and aesthetically quite pleasing.
- Some customers have faced issues with the different parts of the speakers, but there is nothing that the warranty cannot help you with.
- As these are some of the cheapest speakers available, you can expect a different quality than some of the higher models.
Floorstanding Speakers: Comparison Table
|Product Name||Frequency Response||Key Feature||Our Pick For|
|SVS Ultra Tower||28Hz – 32kHz||ForceFactor woofer array with two 8-inch drivers||Best Overall|
|Dynaudio Xeo 30||36Hz – 21kHz||aptX Bluetooth||Best for Music Listening|
|Fluance Signature Series Hi-Fi||35Hz – 20kHz||Woofers that Reproduce Concert Inspired Bass||Best for Home Theater|
|Polk Monitor 70 Series II||30Hz – 25kHz||Cascade Tapered Array technology||Best for the Money|
|Martin Logan Motion 40||40Hz – 20kHz||Signature Folded Motion® Tweeters||Best Under $2000|
|Klipsch RP-280F||32Hz – 25kHz||90×90 Hybrid Tractrix Horn||Best Under $1000|
|ELAC Uni-fi UF5||42Hz – 25kHz||Custom-designed concentric driver||Best Under $500|
|Polk T50||38Hz – 24kHz||Create a 5.1 home theater set-up with compatible Polk T-series speakers||Best Under $200|
|BIC America Venturi DV64||29Hz – 21kHz||Rich, black wood-grain cabinet||Best Budget Option|
Tower Speaker Buying Guide
Many exceptional products and brands have been reviewed in the section above. Still, to choose the one that suits your needs best, you must understand the different elements that make up a good tower speaker.
In addition to this, there are several things that you need to keep in mind while zeroing in on the best tower speaker, some of which are mentioned in our guide below.
Tower vs Bookshelf Speakers
Essentially, the main difference between these two types of speakers is self-evident — the floor-standing tower is tall and thin like a tower, while the bookshelf speakers are short and usually pretty light to fit on a bookshelf. Floor-standing speakers are generally more powerful than bookshelf speakers and give more expansive sound.
The key word here is “usually.” There are also some instances where high-quality bookshelf speakers can give even more prominent tower speakers a run for their money. If you want the best possible experience, however, you must consider purchasing bookshelf, tower speakers, and even in-ceiling speakers for your home theater.
The placement of tower speakers is not as crucial to the sound quality as other elements like the subwoofer, but that does not mean you turn a blind eye to it and place it anywhere you feel like.
Most people put their floor-standing tower speakers next to the TV or stereo, leaving some space behind the speakers and stand. You can also move the speakers around your living room so that several different positions are experienced, and you can pick the most stylish one. However, remember that placing the speakers in corners could decrease the bass quality.
Passive speakers are the ones that come without an in-built amplifier and require the purchase of an external amplifier to get the best performance out of the device. On the other hand, powered speakers — often referred to as active speakers — are the ones that come with their amplifier built into the system.
The latter is better for everyday use, as you don’t have to bother with additional steps. Most of the newer tower speakers are active speakers.
Drivers are basically the individual engines that produce the sound you listen to by combining the electronic components to convert the audio signal into the sound you hear. The most basic good, quality speakers will have at least three drivers in a single unit, while the more expensive ones will sometimes pack six or seven drivers into the unit.
These may be the tweeters, midrange drivers, and woofers for the higher, mid-level, and lower sounds. While cheaper speakers usually come with cone tweeters, the better ones use dome tweeters.
The power that any given speaker can push out is referred to as the wattage of that speaker. The watts per channel will provide insight into how much power each driver has.
Wattage is usually split into two types — peak and continuous. While the peak power is the maximum capacity of the speaker, you need to look at the continuous power if you want a realistic look at the device’s wattage. This is an average wattage. This factor is also significant when looking at amplifiers for floor-standing speakers.
If you were to look at frequencies in the simplest way possible, this is a measure of how low and high the sounds are. In theory, the wider the frequency range of the speakers, the more detailed sound they can produce. However, you must keep in mind that humans cannot hear beyond 20,000 Hertz or 20 kHz.
Hi-Fi vs. Home Theater
Many of you might be confused about the appropriate use of floor-standing or tower speakers. Are they meant to be used for listening to music, or should they help take your home theater system to the next level audio-wise? The traditional consensus is that tower speakers work best with your home theater system.
If you want to build a hi-fi music system, many believe you should stick to bookshelf speakers and a small subwoofer for music. However, because of the superior sound quality promised by tower speakers and the exciting amount of bass they produce, you can use them in both cases.
Three-Way vs. Two-way Floor Standing Speakers
These are some of those terms you commonly find under the features of different speakers. The meaning is quite simple. With two-way speakers, the frequencies are split into two — the lows and the highs — using two different types of drivers — woofers and tweeters.
Three-way speakers separate the frequencies into mids, lows, and highs. This requires a midrange driver, which helps them produce a more detailed sound. However, remember that there are cases where an excellent two-way speaker can beat a three-way speaker.
Tower Speakers For Every Budget!
Whatever your budgetary restrictions, getting your hands on the best tower speakers & subwoofers for your home can add much character to your entertainment systems. After going through this guide and these reviews, you will be able to gauge whether or not tower speakers are the right option for you, what kind of floor-standing speakers meet your requirements, and the different price points at which these speakers are available.
This helps ensure that you remain within your budget and still get your hands on a good system that will give you the ultimate sound experience and be of excellent quality and design.
There is no reason for you to put off buying that set of tower speakers — or an individual unit — you have been thinking of for a while now. Instead, you can choose one from the options mentioned above and prepare to stand out from the crowd and enjoy the sound of your lifetime!
- Looking for the Best Outdoor Bluetooth Speakers? (2023 Reviews)
- 8 Best Bookshelf Speakers For Home Theater In 2023 (Multiple Budgets)
- Loudest Bluetooth Speakers: Top 7 In 2023 (Portable, Waterproof & Compact)
- 11 Best Wall Mount Speakers in 2023 (Under $50 to Over $300)
- 9 Best Portable PA Systems For Singers, Small Bands, Music & Presentations
Trent is a music lover, musical instrument player and passionate audio afficionado.