A portable PA system is useful in a variety of situations…
They can help to ensure there is never dull moment at a family picnic in the park, or can be used for a seminar or a presentation.
Unlike a standard boombox, a good PA system not only allows you to play music wherever you like and at whatever time, but you can also connect a microphone and perform.
If the system allows it, you can also convert it into a karaoke system and enjoy singing your favorite tunes!
What’s more, they do not require much set up and you can take them with wherever you go.
The following are some of the best portable PA systems you can carry home today!
Quick List: 9 Best Portable P.A. Systems in 2022
- Best Overall: Alto Professional Trouper
- Best for Live Music: Pair Alphasonik All-In-One 10
- Best for Karaoke: W WinBridge Portable PA System
- Best for Singers: StarQueen Portable Bluetooth PA System
- Best for Small Bands: Behringer Europort MPA40BT-PRO
- Best with Bluetooth: Hisonic HS122BT-HL Portable and Rechargeable PA System
- Best Under $200: Maono Wireless PA System
- Best Battery Powered Portable PA System: Hisonic HS120B
- Best Small Portable PA System: W Winbridge Wireless PA System WBH5
Top 9 Best Portable PA System Reviews
1. Best Overall: Alto Professional Trouper Review
- The forward thinking pa for the modern performer: Compact high performance pa system with 3 channel mixer for small venue performances and home studio listening
The Alto professional Trouper is a 200-watt BI-amplified Bluetooth PA system that comes with a three-channel mixer. The PA system delivers a compact high performance and is ideal for a small venue or a home studio. At 23 lb, it is also quite lightweight and can be carried around with great ease.
The wireless Bluetooth connection offers at least two linked units for stereo and for additional loudspeakers and budget subwoofers. There is an integrated three-channel audio mixer with volume controls and a two-band EQ on every channel.
- Ideal for performances in small venues and is perfect for playing the music back in a home studio.
- Integrated three-channel audio mixer that makes the Alto more versatile than most others in the market.
- Wireless Bluetooth connection and two linked units for stereo and for additional loudspeakers and subwoofers.
- Two-way 200-watt bi-amplified system that has three 6.5-inch woofers and a one-inch high-frequency driver.
- Very easily portable and simple to set up.
- Bass response is not as powerful as expected.
- Bluetooth connection sometimes emits a digital processing signal noise.
2. Best for Live Music: Pair Alphasonik All-In-One 10 Review
The Alphasonik All-In-One 10 powered loudspeaker and PA system is a 10-inch device that is Bluetooth enabled and is perfectly ready to be set up when it comes out of the box. It has one passive speaker and an active speaker that is able to provide power to both the speakers. There is also a microphone and an STC cable that connects both the speakers.
An impressive active LED strobe light system that flickers in tandem with the beat and you can add vocal effects and plug in instruments like an electric guitar to complete your live performance. This is a very versatile system that enhances a musical performance a great deal making it a great option for live music.
- Complete DJ party speaker system that is extremely easy to set up and allows you to deliver a professional musical performance.
- You can play live music or you can also play other music wirelessly through Bluetooth.
- Built-in LED strobe lights that flicker with the music and can be switched on and off at will.
- Great for karaoke and you can enhance your performance by adding vocal effects through the built-in Echo function.
- The lights tend to malfunction at times and do not always come on when the switch is toggled.
- The cable that connects both the speakers is flimsy and breaks on light use.
3. Best for Karaoke: W WinBridge Portable PA System Review
- 30W portable wireless microphone system is highly integrated systems With many features, recording, FM Radio, Bluetooth, karaoke sing, audio in/out, USB port Support flash drive;
The W WinBridge microphone with speaker PA system is perfectly portable and comes with a karaoke player system and a handheld mic. The wireless microphone system has several features like recording, FM radio, Bluetooth and karaoke.
The karaoke speaker supports echo, treble, bass and looping among other effects. The W WindBridge PA system is ideal for outdoor events, for party speeches and even for a live musical performance. The audio quality is extremely clear and there are no complaints of any interference with this product.
- There is a convenient port that allows you to amplify an external music player, like a cell phone, laptops and MP3 players.
- This is a perfectly portable karaoke PA system that can be used for outdoor events.
- The built-in 4,000 mAh rechargeable battery easily provide power for five to six hours.
- It also supports TF cards and USB drivers to play music externally.
- There is a tendency for interference to be introduced when the speakers are paired.
- Some customers had trouble establishing a Bluetooth connection.
4. Best for Singers: StarQueen Portable Bluetooth PA System Review
- [MULTI FUNCTIONAL PA SYSTEM]:STARQUEEN 12 inch pa system is designed with multi function.You can play music though usb port,sd card,aux input,stream music GUT jack from Phone,Laptop,MAC or other...
The StarQueen portable Bluetooth PA system is a 12-inch audio speaker system with a wireless handheld microphone. The device supports wireless streaming via the built-in Bluetooth and also supports Micro SD cards and USB drives. You can connect a variety of external devices like phones, tablets and even FM radios.
The StarQueen has a recording function that elevates the versatility of the system. The audio is not disturbed even at higher volumes and the powerful stereo sound will amplify even the lower bass frequencies.
This PA system is extremely easy to carry, simple to set up and will allow you to amplify your voice even in a crowd of up to 200 people!
- Built-in Bluetooth that allows you to stream audio wirelessly.
- The wireless microphone has a reliable signal which does not distort your voice even at higher volumes.
- There are also two 1/4-inch jack input ports so you can connect an additional microphone or an instrument like a guitar.
- It has a powerful rechargeable battery which makes it suitable even for singing in an outdoor setting.
- The sound when the Bluetooth is connected tends to be slightly tinny and lacks adequate bass.
- There have been a few complaints of feedback coming from the mic.
5. Best for Small Bands: Behringer Europort MPA40BT-PRO Review
- 40W All-in-one Battery-powered PA System with 8" LF Driver
- Wireless System Integration
The Behringer Black MPA40BT-PRO is an all-in-one portable PA system that has full Bluetooth connectivity. It is easy to use and completely straightforward when it comes to setting it up.
The system does not require any technical background for you to use successfully. It offers 40 watts of powerful and clear sound for an audience of up to 250 people, a perfect system for a small band.
The speakers can be used at parties, at school events, at weddings and at a variety of other intimate events where a small band would be appreciated. You can also connect your iPod or any other MP3 player via the in-built Bluetooth.
- Perfect for a variety of different events and is great for an audience of up to 250 people.
- Very easy to set up and use and does not require any special skills.
- Has a powerful 8-inch woofer and also a high-resolution tweeter with a Class-D amplifier.
- This is an all-in-one portable PA system that allows you to connect to a variety of external devices, thanks to the built-in Bluetooth.
- There is a built-in limiter which tends to obstruct the sound when it becomes dynamically different.
- The battery life has had a few complaints from customers.
6. Best With Bluetooth: Hisonic HS122BT-HL Portable and Rechargeable PA System Review
- Stand-alone portable PA (public address) system seamlessly combines a 6.5” full-range 40-watt speaker and a dual UHF wireless microphone system for voice amplification applications, including a...
The Hisonic HS122BT-HL portable and rechargeable PA system has one of the most efficient Bluetooth systems. It comes with dual wireless microphones and a built-in and rechargeable high-capacity lithium-ion battery that makes it suitable even for outdoor use.
The 2.4F Bluetooth technology is award-winning and allows you to stream audio wirelessly from any Bluetooth-enabled external device.
The speakers have a powerful, 40-watt sound that delivers crisp and clear audio even in a loud environment. There is also a microphone input so you can hook up additional microphones, as well as an auxiliary input for connecting an external audio device.
- Compact, lightweight and extremely easy to carry around different venues.
- The 2.4G Bluetooth technology is award winning and is one of the most efficient Bluetooth systems in the market.
- Powerful 40-watt speaker delivers crisp and clear sound even in a noisy environment.
- The microphone input allows you to add more microphones if needed. There is also an auxiliary input for wired connections with external audio devices like an MP3 player.
- The PA system comes with one handheld microphone, one belt-pack transmitter with options between a lapel and a headset microphone.
- There is a tendency of feedback and noise from the microphone, even when it is turned off.
- The handheld unit has been found to cut in and out.
7. Best Under $200: Maono Wireless PA System Review
- Consumer Alert: Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the...
The Maono Wireless PA system with a mic and headset is a reasonably priced PA system that is suitable for up to 150 people in the room. It has a 20-watt, 6.5-inch woofer which amplifies your voice.
With the Maono system you can also play the radio and even stream songs wirelessly from any wireless-enabled iOS and Android device. The microphone also does not distort your voice even at a higher volume so it is ideal for intimate performances or even for karaoke.
This system is rather easy to set up and has been designed to offer complete portability. It also has a 2,200 mAh lithium-ion battery that is built-in so you can get at least two to three hours of non-stop music at the highest volume.
- This is a PA system under $200 that is good for up to 150 people and is also perfect for an outdoor setting.
- There are two kinds of built-in wireless mics — one for karaoke and another for making speeches.
- You can play music through a USB port, TF card or AUX input. You can also stream wirelessly through other wireless-enabled devices like smartphones and laptops.
- It has a 2,200mAh lithium-ion battery built-in which can provide 2-3 hours of music at the highest volume and 4-6 hours of microphone use.
- The Bluetooth connectivity does not perform as desired and the response time has been poor in some cases.
- The product is not very durable, some customers have complained.
8. Best Battery Powered Portable PA System: Hisonic HS120B Review
- Stand-alone portable PA (public address) system seamlessly combines a 6.5” full-range 40-watt speaker and UHF wireless microphone system for voice amplification applications, multiple wireless...
- Triumphs over outdated, inferior VHF systems with newly upgraded 900 MHz 16 channels selectable UHF wireless microphone system for a noise-free and interference-free transmission, easy system...
The Hisonic HS120B comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is easily replaceable. It has a built-in VHF wireless microphone system and also an additional microphone input jack.
At 40 watts, the speakers are powerful and emit a clear and crisp sound without any distortion. Even in a noisy environment, the speakers are able to do justice to the sound and reach the audience.
The PA system is very portable and the battery allows you to carry it around anywhere without any hassle.
- Built-in rechargeable and replaceable, high-capacity lithium-ion battery, making it ideal for outdoor use.
- Built-in VHF wireless microphone system along with an additional microphone jack, making the system more versatile.
- The speakers have a power of 40 watts and deliver a clear sound even in a loud and noisy environment, like a picnic in the park.
- It comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Several customers have complained about the PA system’s durability.
- The instruction manual is a little complicated and provides a circuitous way to set up the system.
9. Best Small Portable PA System: W Winbridge Wireless PA System WBH5 Review
No products found.
The W Winbridge wireless PA system is an excellent portable system that can be carried around from venue to venue with great ease.
The speaker has a sound of 30 watts that is suitable for a room with up to 60-110 people. The voice amplifier unit is extremely compact and lightweight, making the whole system extremely light and convenient to carry.
This W WinBridge system has a built-in 3,600 mAh rechargeable lithium polymer battery that offers five to six hours of playtime at a volume of 50%. The battery can be recharged in five hours.
The Bluetooth 4.2 technology is able to provide a wireless connection from up to 33 feet. It also has an aux-in for wired connections.
- Very compact voice amplifier which is responsible for its light weight and also its great sound.
- The built-in 3,600mAh rechargeable lithium polymer battery is long lasting, allowing the system to be portable for up to six hours without any glitches.
- The Bluetooth 4.2 technology has a wide radius and allows you to play music wirelessly by connecting with any Bluetooth-enabled device.
- There is a U8 wireless microphone that can be split into headset and handheld models.
- It is great for outdoor use and for use with a group of up to 110 people.
- The system provides only up to six hours of wireless use. If you want to use it for longer, you will need to invest in a wired device.
- The compact voice amplifier can sometimes compromise the quality of the sound.
Portable PA System: Comparison Table
|Product||Key Feature||Power||Our Pick For|
|Alto Professional Trouper||3 Channel Mixer with 2 Band EQ||200 Watts||Best Overall|
|Pair Alphasonik All-In-One 10||Dual speakers with tripod stands||1000 Watts||Best for Live Music|
|W WinBridge Portable PA System||Wireless microphone||30 Watts||Best for Karaoke|
|StarQueen Portable Bluetooth PA System||For Audiences of up to 200 people||60 Watts||Best for Singers|
|Behringer Europort MPA40BT-PRO||For Audiences of up to 250 people||40 Watts||Best for Small Bands|
|Hisonic HS122BT-HL||Award-winning 2.4G BlueTooth technology||40 Watts||Best with Bluetooth|
|Maono Wireless PA System||For Audiences of up to 150 people||30 Watts||Best Under $200|
|Hisonic HS120B||Built-in rechargeable & replaceable high-capacity battery||40 Watts||Best Battery Powered|
|W Winbridge Wireless PA System WBH5||For Audiences of up to 110 people||30 Watts||Best Small|
Things to Consider before Buying
There are quite a few things you will need to consider before buying a portable PA system. While PA systems are not very expensive and are available in a wide variety of price ranges, it is always frustrating when you buy something with enthusiasm but your excitement is dampened when the product turns out to be disappointing. Since this is an electronic item, prior research is a must or else you will end up throwing more money at repairs.
The following are some of the factors you may want to consider before buying a PA system:
Even if the PA system is a wired one, it would be advisable for you to go for something that is easily portable and can be used even in the outdoors. You never know the kind of event you may require a PA system for. It may be for a classroom setting where the system remains stationary and in the classroom permanently or it may also be for musical gigs and performances, in which case, the system will be required to move to wherever the gig is taking place.
You may also want to carry the system along to picnics, family gatherings and other recreational events where some music (perhaps even a karaoke session will be welcomed). Portability for a PA system is extremely important for these reasons.
A linked factor is battery life. If the PA system is portable and can be used outdoors, it will also need to have a good battery life as you may be in situations where there is no power outlet nearby. In such a case, the PA system needs to work at full volume for at least five to six hours.
A good battery life, apart from the light weight of a PA system, is what makes it truly portable. So always look for a powerful, built-in, rechargeable and replaceable battery that will serve the system for a long time even when it is wireless.
Most PA systems offer wireless connectivity through Bluetooth. This does not mean all Bluetooth technology is on par. There are some that are patchy and do not connect easily or smoothly. Ensure that the wireless connectivity of the PA system has a wide radius. The audio that you are streaming wirelessly should not cut in and out when the Bluetooth device is moved. There should be no compulsion to keep the device right next to the system.
If the connectivity is good, you can move the Bluetooth device that has been connected around and there should be no interruptions in the sound. Some of the PA systems that have been mentioned above boast of award-winning Bluetooth technologies. It would be a good idea to look out for those products.
The sound, of course, is the most important thing. Portability and Bluetooth connectivity can still be compromised on but if the sound is of poor quality, then the whole purpose of the PA system is defeated. There needs to be a balance when it comes to connecting a microphone to the system and there certainly is no room for the sound to be distorted, regardless of whether a microphone has been attached.
In some of the customer reviews for the products in our line-up above, a few had feedback about the quality of the microphone. While it may be forgivable if you are only using the PA system for streaming and playing music, if the microphone is an important aspect for which you are buying the PA system, the quality needs to be uncompromised. Regardless of whether the speaker is 30 watts or 60 watts, it needs to be crisp, clear and should be able to cut through even in a noisy environment.
Finally, the price is something that needs to be considered when you buy anything. But since a PA system is ideally a purchase for the long term, you would prefer to not throw more money at it after it has already been purchased.
The products that have been reviewed above are from a varying price range and each one has been chosen to be the best one in its category, regardless of price. This means that there is a good chance that you will find something that you like well within your budget. You do not need to shell out a lot of money to get a good product.
There are good products at extremely reasonable price points as well. It is up to you to decide your budget so you can narrow down on the price you are willing to pay.
Good PA System = No Dull Moments!
A PA system can completely change the nature of an event. There need be no dull moment at a party or a recreational gathering. Be it a bar mitzvah or a birthday party, the PA system will allow you to play some tunes and keep the party alive. It can also be used in a large classroom or at a seminar or during a conference.
There are several uses for a PA system and when you find the right one, it can last you a long time and keep you a satisfied customer.
The PA systems that have been reviewed above have been carefully chosen as the best in their respective categories. Some of the features of the different products are overlapping so you will get several benefits out of one system. Through this review and buying guide, you should be able to find the portable PA system you are looking for.
- What Does 7.1 Channel Mean for a Surround Sound Setup?
- What Does 5.1 Channel Mean for Surround Sound Home Theater?
- What Does 3.1 Channel Mean for Sound Systems?
- What Does 2.1 Channel Mean for Speakers & Soundbars?
- Polk Monitor XT20 Bookshelf Speakers Review
Trent is a music lover, musical instrument player and passionate audio afficionado.